Akshaya Patra is seeking motivated, socially conscious and flexible young people to make this world a better place! If you are a junior high or high school student living anywhere in the United States, our Youth Ambassador program is open to you!
Our Youth Ambassadors are part of a dynamic and elite group of people, determined to make a difference in this world. They are motivated, driven, young people who are the voices of the millions of children in India, who may only have access to one meal per day. You will be given training and support every step of the way!
What do Youth Ambassadors do?
- Plan and organize awareness and fundraising events. Plan a Give Feed Repeat Event in your community.
- Set a goal of raising a certain number of monthly subscriptions for $20.00 per month for a year.
- Write an essay or blog about Akshaya Patra. We will select and publish a new essay on our website and in the newsletter each month.
- Take part in campaigns and promote them within your social media groups
- Apply for a field trip to India to visit a kitchen and take part in a school program in India for a week.
- Participate in YA activities, organized by Akshaya Patra
- Apply to be a part of the Youth Ambassador Leadership Council. Lead a group of 250 Youth Ambassadors across the US.
There are so many benefits to becoming a Youth Ambassador. Some of them include:
- Developing leadership experience
- Written recommendation letter/certificate
- Mentorship possibilities for eligible YA’s in areas of business, arts, science, and social and cultural self improvement.
- Prizes, service trips to India, volunteering assignments within the US
- Recognition at chapter events, opportunity to speak and present Akshaya Patra at public events.