Akshaya Patra is seeking motivated and socially conscious young people to make this world a better place! If you are a junior high or high school student living anywhere in the United States, our Youth Ambassador program is open to you!
Our Youth Ambassadors are part of a dynamic and elite group of people, determined to make a difference in this world. They are motivated, driven, young people who are the voices of the millions of children in India.
What do Youth Ambassadors do?
- Plan and organize awareness and fundraising events. Plan a Give Feed Repeat Event in your community.
- Set a goal of raising a certain number of monthly subscriptions for $20.00 per month for a year.
- Write an essay or blog about Akshaya Patra. We will select and publish a new essay on our website and in the newsletter each month.
- Take part in campaigns and promote them within your social media groups.
- Apply for a field trip to India to visit a kitchen and take part in a school program in India for a week.
- Participate in YA activities, organized by Akshaya Patra
- Apply to be a part of the a 25 member Youth Ambassador Leadership Council.
There are so many benefits to becoming a Youth Ambassador. Some of them include:
- Developing leadership experience.
- Written recommendation letter/certificate.
- Mentorship possibilities for eligible YA’s in areas of business, arts, science, and social and cultural self improvement.
- Prizes, service trips to India, volunteering assignments within the US.
- Recognition at chapter events, opportunity to speak and present Akshaya Patra at public events.