A few of Akshaya Patra’s awards for transparency and good practices include:
- ICAI Gold Shield Award for “Excellence in Financial Reporting” for five consecutive years since 2008-09 inducting Akshaya Patra into Hall of Fame
- Charity Navigator’s 4 Star Award for Financial Health and Transparency
- South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) Best Presented Accounts Award for four consecutive years: 2008-09 (Certificate of Merit), 2009-10 (2nd runner-up), 2010-11(Gold Award), 2011-12 (Silver Award) and 2012-13 (Gold Award)
- CSO Partners Award for the Outstanding Annual Report in the NGO category for three consecutive years: 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11
- Gold Award at League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) Vision Award for two consecutive years: 2010-11 and 2011-12
90 cents of every $1 raised goes to our programs including the cost of feeding, critical infrastructure and kitchen equipment.
We have maintained very low overhead costs for administration and fundraising – holding those costs at 10%
Being a public-private partnership, the government provides 9 cents in cash and subsidies, while Akshaya Patra raises 6 cents per meal, bringing the per meal cost to 15 cents. It there costs only $20 to feed a child for an entire 232-day school year.