Akshaya Patra’s sterling reputation has been built on efficiency, transparency and excellence in operations. The foundation has received numerous accolades, both, in the US and India for its transparent accounting practices and focus on maximizing the benefit of donated funds.
Transparency & Good Practices
A few of Akshaya Patra’s awards for transparency and good practices include:
- ICAI Gold Shield Award for “Excellence in Financial Reporting” for five consecutive years since 2008-09 inducting Akshaya Patra into Hall of Fame
- Charity Navigator’s 4 Star Award for Financial Health and Transparency
- South Asian Federation of Accountants (SAFA) Best Presented Accounts Award for four consecutive years: 2008-09 (Certificate of Merit), 2009-10 (2nd runner-up), 2010-11(Gold Award), 2011-12 (Silver Award) and 2012-13 (Gold Award)
- CSO Partners Award for the Outstanding Annual Report in the NGO category for three consecutive years: 2008-09, 2009-10 and 2010-11
- Gold Award at League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) Vision Award for two consecutive years: 2010-11 and 2011-12